- September 14, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fundamentals of Project Management Academy-Champlain College Online
OVERVIEW: The Fundamentals of Project Management Academy will provide a comprehensive introduction to the fundamental discipline of Project Management, including planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Project Management Primer
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- The Project Budget
LENGTH OF PROGRAM: 12 weeks
DATES: 14 September through 6 December 2020
NOTE: Once you are registered for the PM academy, Champlain College will contact each participant for their DOB as part of their registration protocols.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Am I required to be in class during specific dates and times? No, this course is 100% online and asynchronous, meaning that you can work through the course at your own pace. There will be weekly assignments and discussion board posts that are required by the end of each week, but you will not need to dedicate specific times to meet with the class or instructor. The only exception to this is the Kick-Off and Wrap-Up Zoom meetings on 9/14 and 12/4, respectively. While attendance is not required at these meetings, they are offered to support the Academy cohort and ensure your successful participation. Note: Specific meeting times for the aforementioned Zoom meeting dates will be communicated to each participant after registration concludes.
- How many hours of work per week should I expect?: On average you can expect 7-10 hours of work per week, which you can spread over the course of the week, during the day and evening, based on your personal and professional schedule
- When is the registration deadline and how do I pay?: Registration must be submitted to the registration portal no later than 8/14. After registration concludes, Champlain College representatives will contact the agency billing lead that you specified on your registration form to execute an agreement and process payments. Payments from agency leads will be managed through an online portal and will be due no later than 9/8
- Is this Instructor-led and do I need to purchase materials?: Yes, the course will be facilitated by a dedicated Champlain College Online instructor who will lead the zoom meetings, provide lecture materials, drive discussion posts, and grade your assignments. You will not be required to purchase any additional materials for this Academy
- Will I obtain CEU’s and/or Champlain College Credit?: Participants who successfully complete the entire cohort will be awarded 10 CEU’s documented on your Certificate of Participation which you will be able to download from our learning portal for up to 1 year after the Academy concludes. Participants who successfully complete the entire Academy may also be eligible for 3-credits at Champlain College Online. Eligibility and award of credit are subject to acceptance and enrollment into a certificate or degree program at Champlain College Online and may vary depending on additional sources of credit you transfer into the institution. You may contact an Academic Advisor after the Academy concludes for further details